Sunday, April 11, 2010

Housewife quotes


“No laborer in the world is expected to work for room, board, and love - except the housewife”
 (Letty Cottin Pogrebin)

“I have too many fantasies to be a housewife. I guess I am a fantasy.”
(Marilyn Monroe)
 
"I prefer the word "homemaker" because "housewife" always implies that there may be a wife someplace else”
(Bella Abzug)
 
“I would be content being a housewife if I could find the kind of man who wouldn't treat me like one”
(Terry McMillan)
 
“I don't pretend to be an ordinary housewife.”
(Elizabeth Taylor)
 
“Being a housewife and a mother is the biggest job in the world, but if it doesn't interest you, don't do it - I would have made a terrible mother.”
(Katherine Hepburn)
 
“By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacationless class.”
(Anne Morrow Lindbergh)

“I hate the word housewife; I don't like the word home-maker either. I want to be called Domestic Goddess.”
(Roseanne Barr)

3 comments:

  1. My husband was looking over my sholder when I was reading this post and said I could be a retro wife every day if I dressed like the first photo. LOL, more like the last.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey - you are so funny !! Dont we all feel like the last picture from time to time !!! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love all your pictures. I've been a full time for two weeks during my holiday break and oh so hard! followed you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails